GoCo is funded to deliver Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology to older people who have referrals from My Aged Care as part of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.
GoCo coordinates and subsidises the purchase of aids to help support people with a functional limitation and to maintain their independence. Some equipment may require an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist assessment to make sure it meets your needs.
Who is eligible?
GoCo can assist older people who are eligible through My Aged Care. Clients must be over 65 years of age or over 50 years of age if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Contact My Aged Care to be assessed and gain a referral for assistance with purchasing your aids and equipment.
What are the costs?
Clients are asked to pay 50% of the cost of the product. GoCo will subsidise the remaining 50% up to $500. You may apply for special circumstances for further assistance if required.
GoCo can assist clients who are located within the New England and North West regions of NSW with their assistive equipment needs.
What type of equipment is available?
GoCo can purchase items to provide short-term and ongoing support. Items include:
- Self care aids (over toilet aids, shower stools and chairs)
- Support and mobility (utility chairs, waffle cushions, wheelie walkers, walking frames)
- Medical care aids (Personal alarms)
- Communication boards, large digit phones, audio technology
- Reading aids (magnifiers, lights, tablets)
If you or a loved one think you may benefit from a product to help with your safety and independence you will first need to be registered with My Aged Care. The process may include the following steps.
- My Aged Care – Register yourself or an aged care provider such as GoCo can make a referral for you to undergo an assessment online or by phone 1800 200 422
- Needs Assessment – An Assessor will visit your home or talk to you over the phone to determine your support needs
- Equipment Assessment – You may require a visit from an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to recommend the most suitable equipment (not required for small items)
- GoCo – GoCo will coordinate the purchase and delivery of your equipment
If you need any help along the way the GoCo team is here to support you. Contact us on 02 6740 2240 to enquire about how we can support you with any Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology.