GoCo is funded to deliver Companionship (Social Support – Individual) to older people who have referrals from My Aged Care as part of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.
GoCo Companionship offers one-on-one support with shopping, companionship in the home including visiting, telephone/web contact and accompanied activities like shopping. Support is provided by a member of our team of dedicated volunteers.
Who is eligible?
GoCo can assist older people who are eligible through My Aged Care. Clients must be over 65 years of age or over 50 years of age if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Contact My Aged Care to be assessed and gain a referral for assistance with Social Support – Individual.
What are the costs?
Clients are asked to pay a subsidised rate for each Companionship service. Please see our Current Fee Schedule for information on the cost of the relevant support.
GoCo can assist clients at the following locations:
What type of individual social support is available?
GoCo can provide a companion to support you one-on-one for the following accompanied activities:
- Grocery shopping
- Medical appointments
- Social activities
- Visiting your home
- Phone or web well being contact
If you or a loved one think you may benefit from individual social support to keep social and connected to the community you will first need to be registered with My Aged Care. The process may include the following steps.
- My Aged Care – Register yourself or an aged care provider such as GoCo can make a referral for you to undergo an assessment online or by phone 1800 200 422
- Needs Assessment – An Assessor will visit your home or talk to you over the phone to determine your support needs
- Support Plan – A member of the GoCo team will conduct a risk assessment and create a support plan to ensure all your needs are met
- Book your service – Book your social support service in advance with the GoCo CHSP Team.
If you need any help along the way the GoCo team is here to support you. Contact us on 02 6740 2240 to enquire about how we can support you with any Social Support or companionship needs.