GoCo is funded to provide Home and Garden Maintenance to older people who have referrals from My Aged Care as part of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.
If you are having trouble maintaining your yard or need some help to keep your house safe, GoCo can assist by coordinating one of our Partners to perform these jobs for you. GoCo Partners can help with help with cleaning gutters, trimming trees, lawn mowing and other minor home maintenance you may need to keep you safe and risk free and maintain your independence at home.
Who is eligible?
GoCo can assist older people who are eligible through My Aged Care. Clients must be over 65 years of age or over 50 years of age if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Contact My Aged Care to be assessed and gain a referral for Home & Garden Maintenance.
What are the costs?
Clients are asked to pay a subsidised rate of 50% of the cost of the service as charged by our Partner. Please see our Current Fee Schedule for information on the cost this service.
GoCo offers Home & Garden activities in the following locations:
What type of services are available?
Home and Garden services aim to keep your home safe and risk free including:
- Lawn Mowing
- Cleaning Gutters
- Trimming trees
- Changing light bulbs
- Changing Fire Alarm batteries
If you or a loved one think you may need help around the home and garden to remain safe and risk free you will first need to be registered with My Aged Care. The process may include the following steps.
- My Aged Care – Register yourself or an aged care provider such as GoCo can make a referral for you to undergo an assessment online or by phone 1800 200 422
- Needs Assessment – An Assessor will visit your home or talk to you over the phone to determine your support needs
- Support Plan – A member of the GoCo team will conduct a risk assessment and create a support plan to ensure all your needs are met.
- Book your service – Book your maintenance service in advance with the GoCo CHSP Team.
If you need any help along the way the GoCo team is here to support you, contact us on 02 6740 2240 to enquire about Home and Garden Maintenance Services in your area.