You will live your life the way you choose when you trust GoCo with your Home Care Package. GoCo is an approved provider of Home Care Packages, making home care easy for our clients and their families across north western New South Wales.
At GoCo we are focused on you and your needs, partnering with you and local businesses in your area to deliver Home Care Package services that are specific for your needs and preferences.
Why choose GoCo?
You are in the driver’s seat and here’s why:
GoCo works with you to develop a suite of services to suit your individual needs. We have strong relationships with a range of Partners who deliver everything from nursing and lawn mowing, to cleaning and transport. This unique delivery model gives you flexibility and the ability to choose and change who comes into your home to deliver your service.
Open and honest communication is the key to the strong relationships we build with our clients. We want you to make informed choices about your care and this starts with being transparent about the important things like fees, budgets, risks and your care plan. Keeping you and your loved ones informed about your progress with regular communication is a big part of what we do.
Peace of mind
You can rely on the GoCo team to take care of everything for you. We follow through on our promises. You have direct access to your Support Facilitator, plus the backing of our broader team and network of Partners. Integrity is important to us and you can be confident that we are committed to helping you remain safe, well and independent in your home for as long as possible.
Who is eligible?
GoCo can assist older people who have been assessed and approved for a Home Care Package through My Aged Care. Clients must be over 65 years of age or over 50 years of age if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Contact My Aged Care to be assessed and gain approval for a Home Care Package level to suit your needs.
How does it work?
Depending on your assessment with My Aged Care, you may be approved for a Home Care Package from Level 1 (Basic Care Needs) to Level 4 (High Care Needs), depending on your needs.
The government then pays GoCo a subsidy to arrange a package of care services to meet your needs. GoCo will work with you and your carer or loved ones to coordinate and manage the care and services on your behalf.
GoCo works with a team of local businesses called GoCo Partners who specialise in the delivery of a whole range of services to make up your Home Care Package. By delivering services using local Partners, GoCo gives you the ability to choose your service provider, taking into account your individual needs and preferences.
Your Support Facilitator works with you to develop a monthly schedule of services to keep you happy, safe, well and connected to your community.
What are the costs?
You’re expected to contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford it. Your contribution is made up of three types of fees:
- Basic daily fee
Your provider may ask you to pay a basic daily fee based on your home care package level.
- Income-tested care fee
Some people may also have to pay an income-tested care fee. Whether you pay it, and how much of it you pay, is determined through a formal income assessment from the Services Australia. If you have to pay this fee, there are annual and lifetime limits on how much you can be asked to pay.
- Additional fees
Any other amount you have agreed to pay for extra care and services that wouldn’t otherwise be covered by your Home Care Package.
To get an estimate of the fees you may be asked to pay, use the My Aged Care home care fee estimator.
How does my Home Care Package budget work?
Your Home Care Package budget includes income and expenses.
Funds for your plan:
- Government Contributions – Package Level subsidies and special supplements.
- Client Contributions – an Income Tested Fee and Basic Daily Care Fee
Spent from your plan:
- Care and Services – monthly scheduled services performed by GoCo Partners
- Care Management and Package Management Fees – GoCo management and administration fees
- Supplied Items – goods, equipment
- Other Expenses – travel if relevant
- North West New South Wales including Tamworth, Gunnedah, Narrabri, Barraba, Kootingal, Nundle, Bingara, Werris Creek, Moree and surrounds.
- Other areas upon request
What services may be included in my Home Care Package?
- Personal Care
- Domestic Assistance
- Medication Support
- Home & Garden Maintenance
- Aids and Equipment
- Home Modifications
- Social Support Individual/Companionship
- Social Activities
- Allied Health
- Meal Preparation and diet
If you or a loved one needs additional help at home to keep you well, safe and independent, GoCo can support you to create and deliver a suite of goods and services to suit your individual needs and preferences. You will first need to be registered with My Aged Care. The process may include the following steps.
- My Aged Care – Register yourself or an aged care provider such as GoCo can make a referral for you to undergo an assessment online or by phone 1800 200 422
- Needs Assessment – An Assessor will visit your home or talk to you over the phone to determine your support needs
- Budget & Support Plan – GoCo creates a Support Plan which includes a risk assessment and care plan to align with your allocated budget level and meet your needs and preferences.
- GoCo Services Schedule – GoCo will manage the coordination and scheduling of a range of services delivered by GoCo Partners in accordance with your agreed Care Plan.
If you need any help along the way the GoCo team is here to support you, contact us on 02 6740 2240 to enquire about Home Care Packages in your area.