Volunteer Drivers are needed in Gunnedah, Barraba, Kootingal and Nundle
GoCo Volunteers help our older clients stay independent for longer by transporting them around our local areas. Drivers transport clients from their homes around the community to medical appointments, shopping, social events and to perform errands. Transport is provided on week days, in business hours.
Are you our next GoCo DRIVER in Gunnedah, Barraba Kootingal or Nundle? Any amount of time you may have is valued and appreciated.
- Enjoy helping people and have great people skills
- Are sociable and like a chat
- Have spare time and are reliable
- Are available on regular days OR
- Are available for a set period of time OR
- Are happy to be contacted for last minute transport trips
- Understand and are able to maintain client privacy and confidentiality
- Are willing to undertake other training as required
- Driving GoCo vehicles around the local area
- Collect and return of GoCo clients from their homes to their desired destination
- Collect and transport clients as directed by GoCo staff
- Ensure passenger safety and comfort at all times
- Assist clients with mobility problems as required
- Comply with GoCo Transport policies
- Report all accidents or incidents to the Co-ordinator and complete the relevant forms as soon as possible after the event
- Maintain Vehicle in a clean condition
- Collect client contributions
- Adhere to road rules as designated by the Roads & Traffic Authority
- Check and maintain fuel, oil and water levels at the commencement and completion of each trip
- Drivers MUST be willing to undergo a criminal record check
- Drivers must have an unrestricted drivers license for minimum of 2 years; Class LR or Public Passenger Authority.
- Drivers must be willing to obtain Public Passenger Authority (free of charge, details to be advised)
Apply now to become a GoCo Volunteer Driver by completing the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION (fillable form) and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us to discuss volunteer requirements at your preferred location on 02 6740 2240.