If you are an older person on a low income who is homeless, or at risk of homelessness, GoCo can help you find the right accommodation or supports for your needs. This can include finding housing through the private rental market, applying for affordable social housing options or helping you to identify and access supports to help you maintain your current home.
Who is eligible?
GoCo can assist older people who are eligible through My Aged Care. Clients must be over 50 years of age or over 45 years of age if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Contact My Aged Care to be assessed and gain a referral for Assistance with Care and Housing.
What are the costs?
There are no costs for this program.
What services are available?
- Support to maintain existing tenancies
- Help to find safe and suitable housing
- Providing transport to view properties
- Assistance with paperwork for a tenancy or social housing
- New tenancy support and access to loans
- Assistance with arrangements to relocate
Additional support includes:
- Case management & Advocacy
- Investigating alternative housing options
- Liaison and referral to health, community care, welfare and social support services
- Assistance with local support networks
If you or a loved one is on a low income and homeless or at risk of homelessness, GoCo is here to help you find the right care and accommodation to suit your needs. You will first need to be registered with My Aged Care. The process may include the following steps.
- My Aged Care – Register yourself or an aged care provider such as GoCo can make a referral for you to undergo an assessment online or by phone 1800 200 422
- Needs Assessment – An Assessor will visit your home or talk to you over the phone to determine your support needs
- Support Plan – GoCo creates a Support Plan which may include case management, referral and/or advocacy
- GoCo Services – GoCo will coordinate links to other community services providers including GoCo services
If you need any help along the way the GoCo team is here to support you, contact us on 02 6740 2240 to enquire about Assistance with Care and Housing in your area.