Volunteer Companions are needed in Tamworth, Gunnedah, Barraba, Kootingal and Nundle
GoCo volunteers help our older clients stay independent for longer by providing individual social support on a one-on-one basis. GoCo Companions may provide company in a client’s home, accompany them to perform shopping and errands, or transport to and from appointments. Companionship is provided on week days, in business hours.
- Enjoy helping people and have great people skills
- Are sociable and like a chat
- Are patient and considerate
- Have spare time and are reliable
- Are available on regular days OR
- Are available for a set period of time OR
- Are happy to be contacted for last minute companionship appointments
- Understand and are able to maintain client privacy & confidentiality
- Are willing to undertake other training as required
- Visiting clients in their home to provide company
- Accompanying clients to perform shopping, errands and medical appointments
- Driving GoCo vehicles around the local area
- Companions MUST be willing to undergo a criminal record check
- Drivers must have an unrestricted drivers license for minimum of 2 years; Class LR or Public Passenger Authority.
- Drivers must be willing to obtain Public Passenger Authority (free of charge, details to be advised)
Apply now to become a GoCo Volunteer Driver by completing the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION (fillable form) and emailing it to [email protected]. You can also call us to discuss volunteer requirements at your preferred location on 02 6740 2240.