Complaints & Advocacy

Know your rights

Every client receiving aged care services has the right to receive a safe, client focused and quality service. If you are not completely satisfied with the services you have been provided by a particular service provider, you can lodge a complaint, provide with feedback about how we can improve or talk to an external agency to help advocate for you.

Complaints, complements and ideas

GoCo welcomes your feedback. Whether it is a complaint, compliment or even a simple idea, we would love to hear from you. Every piece of feedback helps us to improve the quality of our services for our clients. To provide feedback – complaint, compliment or idea, please complete our feedback form.

You will find a paper copy feedback form on each of our offices or simply ask a member of our team for a copy.

Our Policy

GoCo is focused on improving our services. Feedback and suggestions from clients and their carers help us to know what we are doing well and where we need to improve.  We encourage feedback and complaints to be forwarded first to the persons key contact in GoCo. If the matter can not be resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact GoCo and speak to the GoCo Manager. If the issue is still not able to be resolved, please refer to GoCo, Gunnedah Shire Council’s, complaints handling process: Gunnedah Shire Council Complaints Handling

If you feel that your concern is not able to be addressed adequately within our organisation, the following services are available to assist you:

Aged Care Complaints Commission
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission is the primary contact for consumers in relation to quality and safety, including complaints. Complaints can be made at or via phone on 1800 951 822

Advocacy Agencies

Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)
Phone: 1800 700 600

Aged Care Rights Service
Phone: 1800 424 079

Newell Advocacy Inc
(for all people residing in Narrabri and Moree Shires)
1/63 Maitland Street Narrabri NSW 2390
Phone: 02 6792 3195